New Plugins Freeze Initialization

I’m using Cubase Studio 5 and I recently downloaded a few free open source (not pirated) plugins. I copied the .dll files into my VST3 Plugins folder as suggested per their respective websites and other users. Now when I open Cubase, it freezes when attempting to initialize these new plugins. I double checked to make sure I hadn’t added anything extra to the folder, like readme’s or something, and there isn’t anything that shouldn’t be there. Help!!!

Hi

See first if it runs in this:

I downloaded this program, but I’m not quite sure how to use it. What is it that I would use this program for to check these plugins?

It is to see if the plugins themselves are buggy or not.

Also, remember that .dll applies to pre VST3 plugs so those (VST 2.4 and below) should occupy the shared steinberg plugins folder and not anything to do with VST3 or other common area.

I typed hastily, they are in the VST Plugins folder, not VST3. And for the VST Host program, I understand that I’m using it to check whether the plugin is buggy or not, but I don’t know how to use the program to do so :stuck_out_tongue:

Well it’s a portable and has been sitting on my system for years waiting for that all important MIDI input to trigger a sound generator over MME or ASIO but of course it’s a debugging environment and sometimes I use it to see what capabilities a particular plug possesses.

No sequencer of course but I reckon with the right sample player (hint hal4) it would kick butt on the old gigastudio or motu or whatever.

Cheers