New Song with EZ Keys

Started this new song with the new Toontrack EZ Keys…So far the program appears to be awesome… Also use EZ Drummer for the drums and Sonic SE for the Bass.

http://soundcloud.com/cws1457/new-song-3-13-2012-revised

Sounds pretty good. I was watching the demo for EZ Keys the other day and thought it looked pretty interesting. I think it might be useful for me as an educational tool since I know very little about music theory or proper keyboard playing.

NICE SO FAR! i’d recommend a melody line.

Yeah, nicely done!
With a nice vocal this should be a winner. I’m also hearing some reeds in my head. :slight_smile:

Timing on the keys seems a little off at times. Nothing major and imo much better than hard quantised, but you might want to look at it anyway :wink:

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your comments ! Added an electric guitar to the chorus…What do you think?

Thanks Again.

http://soundcloud.com/cws1457/new-song-3-16-2012-revised

I really enjoyed it also, but same as the others, needs a melody line, just can’t be complete without it. Piano is too loud, and if you could get some pro string section arranged also, with good lyrics and a female singer with a great voice I bet it’d be a fantastic song. Good job, hope you keep with it and try get those things done because I really like it so far.

Nice! :sunglasses:

Do you think EZ Keys is as user-friendly as Sibelius, Finale, and Cubase in it’s score editing capabilities? It’s funny that today I just found out about it through a popup in a Sound on Sound article. Then I get to listen to a sound demo here! Cool stuff!!

Thanks and I am not familiar with Sibelius or Finale. My suggestion would be to try the demo at toontrack.com. I like the fact it has some predefined midi files and you can change the key as well as each chord throughout the song using the circle of 5ths.

Thanks Jonathan5456. I added some strings from HSO and tweaked the mix a little…

http://soundcloud.com/cws1457/new-song-3-13-2012-w-strings

I did a little more research on EZ Keys, and it seems that it’s not a score editing software but rather an advanced piano VSTi. The more I look at it, the more I think about buying it. If I do decide to buy, do you think there is any way that we could get you some commision on the sale? :laughing:

I doubt they would do that. :smiley: I really do like the plugin. I have actually been able to take their preset midi files and apply them to some of our older songs. I can play the keys but am not as good as I would like to be. As time goes on I am sure Toontrack will be offering more midi pack files as they do with EZ Drummer. If you do purchase it I am sure you will be happy with it. They do also have a demo available if you want to check it out first…

Thanks CWS. I am very interested in this product. Trying to compose piano songs with less than mediocre tools for the job just isn’t worth it. I’m gonna give the trial a shot here soon, once my musical projects slow down. :wink:

BTW, you got another SC follower. :smiley:

Best of luck,
Bane