New SpectraLayers Pro and Elements 7!

Dear Forum members,

We’re pleased to announce the immediate availability of SpectraLayers Pro 7 and SpectraLayers Elements 7.

This new version of our advanced spectral editing software now includes many powerful features that have been enhanced through Artificial Intelligence, including:

New Artificial Intelligence algorithms that can sense discrete events in a sound field and isolate them on independent, colorful layers for processing.
Unmix tracks to stems to extract the different instruments to separate layers, such as vocals, piano, bass, drums, and more.
Unmix components to deconstruct stems into tone, noise and transient component layers.
Pattern Finder to select a target sound and then automatically locate and select every other similar sound in the spectrum.
Voice Denoiser to recognize and isolate the human voice and then attenuate everything but the voice for maximum intelligibility.
• Repair processes including AI-powered Clip and Click repair, Hum reduction and improved Healing.
• Improved Playback tool and Transform tool now featuring a new Transform Selection mode.
Improved ARA 2 layer management creates new layers in the ARA environment.
• VST 3 plug-in support on a per-layer basis, in both standalone and ARA modes.
• Further improvements including customizable UI luminosity, a playback VU meter, rapid tool toggling, the ability to render a selected layer directly and much more.

Check out a more detailed description of the new features at the Steinberg website and get ready to get your minds blown.

All the best,

A great update! For me, much better that 6! Congratulations!

Can I suggest people refrain from buying and installing just yet

looks like it’ has some showstopping issues…or in the words of Luis “mindblowing” issues

for me it is a great update, but @dr that’s one mean bug you experience. i hope it will be solved soon. didn’t use it as ARA yet, yes to experiment with, but no projects saved with it. i am not that of a cleaner… but i shall use it… but too many tracks i am working on, and that is a time ago, now i am into sounddesign again. chaotic…

o well. enough.

i shall report the soundcard issue, or is it only on my behringer umc204hd, but i remember that spectralayers pro 6 also struggled. the buffer size.
why does it overrule the buffe size? and why is the buffer size in milliseconds? i could get my behringer to 256 samples what i normally use, with override with 5 ms. that is a strange procedure.

not the right thread.

but already happy, used stems unmix, on a sample that does not contain drums or vocals or piano (a sample made with cubase, with 2 synths, own presets), but the result, soloing 2 layers, created a new great sample. abuse!

Hi, the issue dr reported is fixed in the upcoming patch to be released pretty soon.

Thanks Robin - there should be something in the release notes if there are showstopper issues…

oh hang on, there are NO release notes ?

underwhelming AND mind blowing !

Is there a grace period for upgrades?

I bought SL6 Pro less than 60 days ago.

I think this guy has trademarked mind blowing: https://twitter.com/Davie504bass/status/1268538220054302725/photo/1

There is for many Steinberg products and if you go to the support page they have an article on how to check.
60 days may well be too long though but good luck.