New SpectraLayers Pro and Elements 7!

Dear Forum members,

We’re pleased to announce the immediate availability of SpectraLayers Pro 7 and SpectraLayers Elements 7.

This new version of our advanced spectral editing software now includes many powerful features that have been enhanced through Artificial Intelligence, including:

New Artificial Intelligence algorithms that can sense discrete events in a sound field and isolate them on independent, colorful layers for processing.
Unmix tracks to stems to extract the different instruments to separate layers, such as vocals, piano, bass, drums, and more.
Unmix components to deconstruct stems into tone, noise and transient component layers.
Pattern Finder to select a target sound and then automatically locate and select every other similar sound in the spectrum.
Voice Denoiser to recognize and isolate the human voice and then attenuate everything but the voice for maximum intelligibility.
• Repair processes including AI-powered Clip and Click repair, Hum reduction and improved Healing.
• Improved Playback tool and Transform tool now featuring a new Transform Selection mode.
Improved ARA 2 layer management creates new layers in the ARA environment.
• VST 3 plug-in support on a per-layer basis, in both standalone and ARA modes.
• Further improvements including customizable UI luminosity, a playback VU meter, rapid tool toggling, the ability to render a selected layer directly and much more.

Check out a more detailed description of the new features at the Steinberg website and get ready to get your minds blown.

All the best,

1 Like

This looks very interesting, especially the unmix functionality if it works as advertised.

But I am not buying without having tried a demo/evaluation copy, even if it is severely time limited as in say 24 hours; will that be an option any time soon?

The “unmix” function works GREAT. I used it yesterday. The new SpectraLayers Pro 7 uses some amazing AI and is, IMHO, a very good piece of software. FWIW

Yes, unmix seems to be getting rave reviews, but I would still like to try before I buy! Doesn’t seem unreasonable to me!

I used it on two mastering projects and salvaged some tracks that I thought were going to have to go back to the client. Very impressed with what it can do. FWIW. You should “try before you buy” but I think you will be pleased.

When is the trial suppose to be out?

I don’t have any hard info about that, but there are some very attractive cross-promotional offers currently, for example bundling Spectral Layers 7 with Vegas Edit for $399 that expires today.

Anybody know if that is a full license for Spectral Layers with a fully featured upgrade path?

Regardless, would imagine that free trials are introduced after some of these rather spectacular offers expire!

Spectral Layers 8 is out. https://new.steinberg.net/spectralayers/

The functions are really great