New to Cubase!

Hi everyone. I’m a brand new cubase user. I’ve never used a DAW before at all, so I’m looking to dive in and start learning. I remember having cakewalk 7 or 8 years ago, (never did anything with it) and it came with a gigantic manual full of tutorials to become familiar with the program. I assumed cubase would too, but the manual it came with is just about installation.

What do you guys recommend I do to jump in and start learning? I know nothing about recording at all, so I wouldn’t even know where to start.

Pdf manuals are included with installation afaik.

Also worth watching the excellent videos Steinberg make. They have a channel on YouTube

google “cubase tutorials”

most still apply to c7 but you can access a lot of video tutorials through the steinberg hub in c7

thanks for the replies everyone. I know some of the obvious ones like “google cubase tutorials”… (not sure if that was sarcastic or not) but either way, those tutorials are kind of random and haphazard. The cakewalk manual had step by step directions for everything from a-z, so I was hoping there’d be something like that I could learn from with Cubase. If there’s not, thats ok I guess… I’ll just have to figure it out.

as quoted above ,all the Cubase "basic " and “advanced” tutorials are in the c7 hub ???

There were Streamworks (I think?) tutorials on the C6 DVD, but the tutorials for C7 are hosted online. You can access them via the hub and Steinberg’s official YouTube channel.

Beginner Tutorials: [clicky]

New Features from C6.5 to C7: [clicky]

thanks! :slight_smile: