New TOOLS for UR audio interfaces for Mac and Win

We are pleased to announce that there are new TOOLS versions available for our UR audio interfaces, both for macOS and Windows.

The updates include:

TOOLS for UR242 version 1.1.0
TOOLS for UR44 version 2.2.0
TOOLS for UR28M version 2.2.0
TOOLS for UR824 version 2.2.0
TOOLS for UR-RT2 version 1.1.0
TOOLS for UR-RT4 version 1.1.0

The updates for Mac now support macOS 10.14 and include the AU version of the Basic FX Suite.For Windows, the display of the Basic FX Suite in Windows 10 has been improved to support High-DPI displays plus minor issues have been resolved.
For detailed information, we ask you to refer to the corresponding version history on the download page.

Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber

Dear Steinberg,

Thank you for the update. It works. It sounds great.

Waoh! finally!!! Thanks for this, though I don’t think I will ever upgrade to Mojave :wink:

It is worth noting that the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver included in the TOOLS bundle is not the latest available. Just in case some users don’t realize there is a link on the webpage above where the latest Yamaha Steinberg USB driver is available.

Have had my UR44 working flawlessly for 4 years in Sonar Platinum on my Win 8.1 machine. That motherboard/CPU died and was replaced with newer components a week ago. 8.1 was also upgraded to Win 10. I kept Sonar Platinum, but also installed the new Cakewalk by BandLab version. I get identical results in each application. I uploaded the newest firmware and drivers and all was well, but the last 2 days, when I open projects, I get the error message:
“There are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system. Please got to Edit | Preferences | Audio | Playback and Recording and choose a different driver model.”

This was always set to ASIO previously. I’ve tried ASIO and WASAPI/Shared, but no audio is produced through my monitors.
I’ve completely uninstalled/reinstalled the following (in that order, per the installation guide)

TOOLS for UR44 •
Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver •
Steinberg UR44 Applications •
Basic FX Suite (VST3 Plug-ins)

Still no audio. When I go into the Sonar settings, the UR44 is not offered as an option anywhere.

Particulars:
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2600X 8 core/16 thread/3.7 GHz, 32G RAM