New update 3.4.2 deletes file structure and cannot create new folders

Hi there,
With the new update all my project file structure has been deleted. When I try and create a new folder, either the new folder vanishes, or when I move a file into it, the folder then also vanishes.

Frankly, this is a pretty massive bug, and I’m kinda surprised this got past release, I know you guys work hard, but as a professional dev myself, it suggests to me there is an issue with your testing methodology that needs to be addressed.

I hope this is fixed very fast.

I’m using iPad Pro M1 and ios 15.4.1

1 Like

Hi all,

Unfortunately the recent Cubasis 3.4.2 updates introduced a problem, where the “templates” and user folders are missing after the update has been installed.

We’ve already submitted Cubasis 3.4.3 hotfix updates to Apple and Google, which will be publicly released once approved.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars

Great, thanks!
So does this mean the folders are basically hidden, and will reappear once the hot fix is in place?
Cheers

Hi @i_eat_drums,

it is to be expected that folders which have been created manually have to be recreated unfortunately.

The 3.4.3 updates will be publicly released once approved by Apple and Google.

Best wishes,
Lars

Same for me, all my Templates gone…

I have updated to the ‘hotfix’…

Just a heads-up: this will not restore your previous user folder structures.

I’m sorry to conclude Steinberg, this update has been quite destructive, wiping the entire organisational structure of my musical projects. The first versions created much instability and workflow disruptions as well.

Overall my enthusiasm for the platform has taken a serious hit. I’m now thinking twice about this software replacing my desktop DAWs. Cubasis is for hobbyists and dabblers only?

Hi @Dr.Gonzo,

Same for me, all my Templates gone…

Cubasis 3.4.3 has been released yesterday morning and should bring back the templates.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi @BoSchafers,

Thanks for your message.

As previously mentioned, it might be required to manually recreate previously created user folders.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars

Yes it’s pretty disappointing stuff to say the least to lose all of my user folders. And I can’t say that I’m all that happy to have to redo the whole lot.

Hi @MetallicPete,

Yes it’s pretty disappointing stuff to say the least to lose all of my user folders. And I can’t say that I’m all that happy to have to redo the whole lot.

Unfortunately there is no way around it.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Lars

Thanks Lars.

That’s cool. Is what it is.

1 Like