New USB driver 1.9.10 released but no announcement?

Well… it looks like the new USB driver V1.9.10 was released. Professional Audio - Yamaha Corporation … latest.jsp

Main Revisions and Enhancements

V1.9.8 to V1.9.10

Solved a problem in which noise may occur in a certain environment.
Solved a problem in which a certain DAW software would terminate abnormally when switching the sample rate setting.

I did not install this version because I have no problems using V1.7.3. (works on both USB2.0 and USB3.0 ports)
I wonder why Steinberg does not announce this new version on this forum. :unamused:

I am curious as well. But then I also have no issues now after mobo change. Hopefully this will solve problems for others.

Don’t find a new version: Professional Audio - Yamaha Corporation

And, apart from that, there’s no mentioning in the changelog about the main issue a lot of people complain either, the audio dropouts: UR interfaces audio drop outs (follow-up thread) - UR Series - Steinberg Forums

Not sure what you are looking at- the link in your post is incomplete - but the date of 1.98.10 is September 2016. So what (potential) announcement might you be referring to?

Looks like a misunderstanding by OP. :frowning:

Well it looks like Yamaha removed the downloadlink. It absolutely was there and I was able to download it.

This is what the included document says:

Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.9.10 for Windows Release Notes
Contents System Requirements for Software Main Revisions and Enhancements Legacy Updates

System Requirements for Software

NOTE - Note that the system requirements may be slightly different from those described below depending on the particular operating system. - Note that the operating system and interface may be different from those described below depending on the product. For details, refer to the particular operation manual and website for each product.

OS Windows 7 SP1/Windows 8.1/Windows 10 CPU Pentium/Athlon 2 GHz or faster (dual core processor recommended) Memory 1 GB or more Interface Equipped with a USB 1.1 or 2.0 connector Hard Disk Free disk space of 100 MB or more; high-speed hard disk

Main Revisions and Enhancements

V1.9.9 to V1.9.10 - Solved a problem in which noise may occur in a certain environment. - Solved a problem in which a certain DAW software would terminate abnormally when switching the sample rate setting.

Also found an important notice :
Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.9.8 for Win 10/8.1/7(SP1) (32bit/64bit)

Important Notice
We identified a bug with V1.9.10 firmware, please use this stable version(V1.9.8).

Why do they call it firmware? Bit misleading, as there’s a separate download to the firmware for the specific devices.

Well, as I understand, the people at which there is a sharp noise, again left without a working driver ((( 1.9.8 tried it, still there is a sharp noise ( steinberg reports when now to wait for a new driver?

Perhaps the older driver V1.7.3 can help in the ‘noise issue’ ? V1.7.3 still is downloadable and helped me out in the problems my UR824 had while connected to a USB2.0 port.

There is a new driver available for Windows now: 1.9.10 (or better 1.9.10_2) which can be downloaded now from here:

This should address at least some of the issues that have been reported.

I am going to close this one now, as there is the “big” thread on this still available.