New User - Cubase Pro 10.5 - Constant Crashes

Hi there,

I recently purchased cubase pro 10.5 and have been massively impressed with the features provided and functionality. I was using Pro Tools for work and Ableton live for creative projects and thought it was time I got into a DAW that could provide the best of both worlds.

As I said I have been loving Cubase however, am finding it is so utterly unstable.
I spent an age making a scoring template with many instances of Kontakt, Play, Serum, Omnisphere etc and have never quite been able to rely on the software to not crash to DT on me unexpectedly and with no warning.
All of the unused tracks are disabled of course and when I’m done sequencing midi with an instance of Kontakt I will freeze it until I need to come back to it. Honestly I had a crash while only one instance of Kontakt was running and it wasn’t even during playback.

Although some of you may scoff at my audio machine’s specs…
MacBook Pro mid 2012 , Intel Core i7 2.90GHz, 16GB RAM, 1 x 1TB HDD & 1 x 1TB SSD

… and will be running windows machines that would likely open up a blackhole in the centre of the Milky Way if they were to ever have a crash :smiley:

I don’t think mine is necessarily a hardware issue, as I have hardly ever had this problem with Live. In fact some of the projects I have in Live contain stupid amounts of samples and plug-ins.
Similarly with Pro Tools (believe it or not!) I work in post and as a sound designer and have some huge Pro Tools projects with hundreds of tracks and many instances of plug ins running pretty smoothly.

I own a windows machine with a far greater CPU and Ram count that I use for Wwise & the odd Reaper project, but I want to stick to my wee MacBook for creative stuff and really dont wanna spend 5 weeks transferring all my plugins and sample libraries over!! :frowning:

Many thanks in advanced for any help you folks can offer and for anybody who made it to the end of this huge message!

Dan