New user lost

Hi . Bought this Presonus Audiobox96 a couple years ago and rarely used it . Haven’t used it in a while , and can’t figure the bloody thing out . Using Cubase 10 , and had it working (with help) a while back , but now I’ve spent prolly 3 hours messing with this and that and can’t even get it to register my guitar . Instead it picks up music playing from my stereo through laptop speakers . I know there’s some magic setting to get it working , but for the life of me can’t stumble on it . Help?

Hi,

I’m sure you can get it working. What operating system are you using?

There are current drivers for it for both MAC and Windows:

Have you got these installed?

Once you have all that installed then open Cubase and make sure it’s set up to see the interface. I just Googled these below and they might help (ignore the mention of FireWire in the 1st link – it will be USB with your device):

Thanks man . It WAS working at one point with the help of a friend over the phone . Just had to map it right or something . But I’m not sure how all that went . There was something about an Azio driver or something , and setting the box for something , but I couldn’t seem to find the box in the map at all .

Yeah I’m not sure what it will be called with that particular box but ASIO drivers are the common thing that come with all these interfaces. Presonus should have named it something that is meaningful and you select it at the point decribed here:

Ok , makin a zombie …
Decided to upgrade the old , beat (Windows 7) laptop with a shiny , new (confusing) Windows 11-epuipped one . I can’t figure out the license thing . Trying to make Elements 10 work with a new laptop running Windows 11 (which I’m not caring much for yet …) . I am obviously no good at this . I miss just having a bunch of different adapters and poop to plug in wherever .

Don’t beat yourself up. We don’t move homes often and moving computer is like that. Have you tried the reactivation path here?

Well , I followed your link , and it shows NO products even registered to my account ? I can dig out the old laptop if there’s just something I can grab from there …

Where you the person who originally purchased and registered the version of Cubase Elements you used on your last computer ? Did you register the product under a different email address in the past perhaps?

Yeah , it came with something I bought , and I ran it on my old laptop for a couple years occasionally . Pretty sure I tried both e-mails I have …

Ok . So . Pretty much ran the license through a digital shredder somehow not knowing what I was doing , but the chat agent guy was cool . Got me some new numbers and told me to push some buttons . This ain’t easy for a guy raised to make things work with snips , soldering irons , lectrical tape , and all sorts of adapters . Ah the old days … where I had a bag just for specialty cables I made and all the adapters I could think of … lol

Made one with my dad in 1966.

1 Like

Oh so is it Cubase Elements or Cubase LE or AI? I once got LE with a Zoom recorder (in 2012) and eventually upgraded it to Elements (in 2020) but I had the same email address registered with My Steinberg email account for the entire time and my license was always visible. I have reactivated that LE version several times following the linked process and it has always worked for me.

Maybe the old laptop can still reveal what your license details are.

Well , I went and restarted the laptop for other updates and broke it again :lol: . Again saying I need to register . Guess I ain’t playin with the old stuff tonight …