New Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver version 3.1.3 for macOS

We are pleased to announce the release of a new version of the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver for macOS. The version 3.1.3 ensures compatibility of our UR-C, UR-RT and UR audio interfaces with Apple silicon-based Macs.
For detailed information, we ask you to refer to the corresponding release notes and the installation instructions on the download page.

Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber

1 Like

Where are the Tools for the UR 824 (native)… Nice to have a usb driver but without the “TOOLS” being native it’s useless…

Hi Stefan - The instructions still link to the document describing the workaround of booting into recovery mode and disabling enhanced security to install the driver. Is this still necessary when installing the 3.1.3 driver on a new Apple Silicon computer?

Hello nlsrecordingstudio.

All UR-RT and UR models which require TOOLS are macOS Monterey compatible by installing this driver after installing the TOOLS.

Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber

Hello claytron.

Yes, this is still necessary.

Best regards,
Stefan

Hello Stefan, no this is not the case as this (still) isn’t Native. All UR software is still intel only. Only the driver is native. But the Tools and therefor the intergration and plugin aren’t working in Native Cubase! . This needs to addressed! All UR-C and ARX are native since 13-sep but the UR Series isn’t…

@Stefan_Schreiber By installing the UR-C tools, I got DM back on my UR, so that is working. But no hardware integration what so ever because Native Cubase does’t load the old Intel stuff of the UR Tools…

Hello nlsrecordingstudio.

Sorry, of course you are right that for the UR interfaces that use TOOLS you still need to run by using Rosetta.

Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber

@Stefan_Schreiber when will that be fixed… it’s has been 2 years…

I’ve had my UR22 for years, through many upgrades, but I seem to be stuck now that my MBP is up on Monterey 12.6 [MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)]. I’ve tried the installer a few times, with the uninstaller in between - and reboots each time, and I can’t get anything to work.

After the first run of the installer, it sent me to System Preferences | Security to approve an extension, but I wasn’t paying close enough attention at the time to keep notes then. It hasn’t prompted my for that any subsequent time.

Anytime I plug the USB cable in, I hear a clicking in the audio output from the UR22 (via a pair of headphones) - a pretty loud click about once every second or two, until something times out, then it stops.

Any tips on how to troubleshoot it at this point?

I’ve installed the 3.1.3 for macOS however there are no volume controls and the volume is very low.

@Stefan_Schreiber Please, folks at Steinberg, supply tools for the UR-Series soon as direct monitoring only works when Cubase is in Rosetta mode. Therefore Silicon compatible tools would be much appreciated. Kind regards

Please confirm that I am seeing it correctly. In native M1 my UR interface cannot be integrated into Cubase 12? Just because something in the Tools doesn’t get updated? This is a key function! Actually it is no good for anything now for recording anymore!!