Newbe USB Audio Interface, what are people using?

Firstly, excuse me for being all a bit new and niaeve to all this recording world, ive played bass in bands for nearly 40 years and done a fair bit of analogue PA mixing for bands etc, next project (and reason for the Cuebase Purchase) is to be able to record some jams with my mate (a guitarist) and a drum machine, and be able to record them as single tracks so i can edit /enhance/ mix each instrument, so roughly a USB AI that will be able to handle that?? ive not got a major budget for one about £100 max?? ive seen the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC404HD Audio Interface 4 in 4 out that looks like it will do what i want?? any advice or help from any of you seasoned recording gurus, would be very much appreciated :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The Behringer probably will get the job done (I haven’t used them). But also check out Presonus, Focusrite, and the Steinberg, interfaces and compare features with price. They are all good “entry level” products.

I think the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC404HD is a very good choice. If 4 inputs is enough? Very good device for the money!

Plus it has very good latency (for real time guitar sims and synths).