Newbie!! can not get signal to record with effects

I’m embarrassed to even ask. I downloaded a sound file from my Zoom hand held recorder and put it on my desktop. I loaded it into Wave Lab Elements no problem. Now I want to add the eq and other effects to the sound file and record it with the effects etc to a new CD file.

I hit the record button and then play but I get no signal to the Record meter and thus no audio is being recorded. I’ve been here for an hour and can’t seem to find what I am doing wrong. Thank you in advance for the help!!!

The Record feature is for, for lack of a better word, recording. The audio file you loaded into WaveLab was already recorded with your Zoom; you do not need to record it again.

What you’re looking for is the Render feature, which you can find at the bottom of the Master Section of the WaveLab interface. The signal path of the Master Section goes from top to bottom, including the Effects and Master Level sections. You load an audio file into WaveLab, set up a processing chain in the Effects section, and then Render to create a new, processed version of your original recording.

Check out the “Master Section” and “Rendering” portions of the manual for details.

Thank you so much!!!