Newbie help

New to Dorico
I’m trying Elements 2.something
Slowly getting my head around it before investing in the Pro version.

I do a lot of arranging, some composing a lot of teaching. Many years of Finale and some experience with Musescore. Local college kids use Musescore.

So I can’t figure out how to create templates for the common groups I write for. The instruments I got and I know that you cannot save template files yet so I created a folder called dorico templates.

What I can’t figure out is how to make the template 32 bars and how to add multiple bars when needed…

Help please

New to Dorico
I’m trying Elements 2.something
Slowly getting my head around it before investing in the Pro version.

I do a lot of arranging, some composing a lot of teaching. Many years of Finale and some experience with Musescore. Local college kids use Musescore.

So I can’t figure out how to create templates for the common groups I write for. The instruments I got and I know that you cannot save template files yet so I created a folder called dorico templates.

What I can’t figure out is how to make the template 32 bars and how to add multiple bars when needed…

Help please

A prerequisite of adding bars is having a time signature. If you don’t have a time signature then Dorico doesn’t know how long to make the bars. Invoke the caret at the first beat by selecting the rest and typing Shift+N, then type Shift+M (m for meter) 4/4 Enter (or whatever you want). Then type Shift+B 32 Enter.

You need to add a time signature before you add bars. Then type Shift-B, 31, Enter.

Terry, were you aware that you created two identical threads?

Yes I m now sorry
And thanks for the answer I knew to create the time signa tire first thanks
Sorry about the two post