Newbie help

Hello

This is all new to me so please don’t hurt :slight_smile:

I have this laptop
Windows 8 64-bit (pre-installed)
Intel® Pentium® processor B960
39.6cm (15.6”) , Toshiba TruBrite® HD TFT High Brightness display with 16 : 9 aspect ratio and LED backlighting
Hard disk 750 GB
Dark Silver Finish with Crossline pattern, black keyboard
6,144 (4,096 + 2,048) MB, DDR3 RAM (1,333 MHz)
Intel® HD Graphics
maximum life : up to 4h00min (Mobile Mark™ 2012)
weight : starting at 2.3 kg
W x D x H : 380.0 x 242.0 x 33.52 mm

I am wanting to know wether it is good enough to run cubase 7/8 and say kontakt. I will only be using the laptop for cubase, sample libraries and occasional web browsing. If it’s not good enough, is there any recommendations? Baring in mind I’m a student with not a lot of money :slight_smile:

Thanks

Sure you can run cubase and kontakt on this laptop. But not as much kontakt / other plugin instances as with an up to date audio desktop machine.
But you’ll need an audio interface. You will not become happy with an onboard sound card.

Ensure that you can easily upgrade the RAM (=more Kontakt instruments!)
Indeed have a dedicated audio solution (ex: NI Komplete Audio 6, runs great with other NI products and is a decent starters model, but do check Focusrite scarlet solutions too)

If you prefer a one stop solution, check out a mac book, however, I prefer runnning Win OS (my comfort zone)

Good luck!

Nearly all sounds for the above very good for running cubase and kontakt,you are a genius you have all the variations available…