Newbie starting setup

Hello,

My computer is more than adequate for Cubase 6 Artist (actually 6.5). ASUS M5A99X EVO, AMD FX-8150 (8 cores), 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti, and 2x 1 TB HDD.

I’ve also got available Yamaha MOTIF XS6 Music Workstation, which I’d like to connect somehow and run in tandem with Cubase 6. Is that possible? If so with what connectors?

What other hardware, I understand ASIO (?) hardware is recommended, or does the MOTIF XS6 meet that criteria? For instance, I am reading bits on setting up to run through mLAN?

I’d like to upgrade my speakers / amp at some point, I’ve got a basic Creative 2-speaker system which is adequate for most stuff. I’d also like to put controllers on the MOTIF XS6 like the Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Footcontroller is looking like an absolutely insane amount of control to add to the system.

However, first things first… Any tips? Thanks much…

Best regards,

Michael

How about 1 question at a time.

That is one of the most rambling posts I’ve ever read. And for that matter… what is the question (one only please)?

Hello

Have you already spent one second to read any manual? for your keyboard for cubase?

You have a soundinterface or do you want to produce music with the onboardsoundcard?

Monitor depends on how much money you want to invest?

Greetz Bassbase