Newly Downloaded Dorico 1.1.0 for iOS Won’t Open on iPad

I downloaded Dorico from the App Store on Friday 8/20. I immediately tried to open it but it shows the splash screen for less than a second then crashes. I’m excited to use & register it and hoping for a quick resolution.

I’m using an iPad 6th generation (A1954) running iOS 13.3, and the iPad is low on available storage space (only 5 GB free). I will do the obvious things first - free up space, then upgrade iOS to 14.7 - and see if that works.

In the meantime, has anyone else had this happen? Could it be a buggy update?

Thank you for your feedback.

Welcome to the forum, @5-pin_DIN. I’m sorry you’ve had problems with the app. Hopefully you will find that the app opens as expected after you have updated to the latest version of iPadOS, but please let me know if that’s not the case.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

according to Apple support, apple store apps should be updated automatically. Now, I subscribed for Dorico on august 7th and today I opened it after a while. The splash screen reports 1.1.0.1013 as the current version. Is this the latest update announced on August 9th?

If this is confirmed, I would have expected the Dorico update to be reported in the apple store program (when you click on your account icon), which was not the case.

Thanks,

Massimo

Yes, version 1.1 is the version that was released on 9 August.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply, and for welcoming me to the forum.

I finally got around to updating my iPad to the latest iPad iOS 14.7 last night and Dorico 1.1 for iPad has booted up just fine.

Now I’m looking forward to starting my first project. All the best from Las Vegas!

Russell

Glad to hear it! Enjoy using Dorico for iPad.

1 Like