News and Video Tutorial sections of Steinberg Hub are Empty

I’ve just done a quick survey of my Windows-using colleagues here in the office and it’s working OK. I wonder whether your firewall settings won’t let Dorico connect to blog.dorico.com on port 80?

Just connected with my browser (which of course uses port 80) and it worked fine…

No problems here on Win 10.

It’s possible for a firewall to have an application-specific rule to block a particular kind of connection, of course…

My firewall officially DOES NOT block Dorico.
Problem persists (though I can live with it…).

I think the problem is somewhere on your system, Michael. I’m not sure what else we can do to troubleshoot it, I’m afraid.

I’ll live.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hub’s displaying perfectly on my Windows 10 machine.

I have the problem on a Win7 and a Win 10 machine (both in the same network).
Disabling Firewall and anti virus software doesn’t change a thing.
It’s no big problem but I wonder why it happens on both machines.

Cheers,

Hello,

I am sorry to report that today when I opened Dorico 2.1 I discovered that the content of the Hub and the menu Files/Open Recent, have been replaced by a few files that I never have opened before.

I am working on Mac.

Just like to report it, not big deal. On the Finder the files are all there.

Those are the example files that Steinberg provide. I’m not quite sure how your regular list got overwritten, but rest assured they’ll get replaced in the hub as you open your own files.

Same problem here with Windows 10. I allowed Dorico2.exe and Dorico Web Helper.exe through Windows Firewall, but both lists remain empty.

Edit 20180906: in Users[me]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico 2\application.log I find the lines

2018-09-06 17:46:48.018 : RSSFeedParser - Network not accessible
2018-09-06 17:46:48.026 : RSSFeedParser - Network not accessible

I suppose this has something to do with the problem, but I don’t know what to do to fix it. Dorico is definitely allowed through the Windows firewall.

Had a similar problem with the Hub in Cubase. I found the solution in this post: Steinberg Forums

Maybe it helps if you copy those files into your Dorico folder where the applications .exe file resides (maybe called dorico.exe or similar).
If it doesn’t help, just delete these files from the Dorico folder again. Give it a try, it’s not a big deal. :wink:

The implied recommendation is to copy the files libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from c:\Program Files\eLicenser\Tools into c:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico2. I have done this, but it has no effect, and the problem remains unsolved.

The Steinberg Hub in Cubase and in Dorico are implemented completely separately and unfortunately any steps you might take to spur the Hub in Cubase to show anything won’t have any effect on the one in Dorico.

Sorry to hear :frowning: …but at least something learned.

For no identifiable reason whatsoever, and with no relevant change to my system, as of a few minutes ago I now have a populated Dorico hub. :slight_smile:

I thought this problem had gone away, but it popped back up again:

After closing Dorico and restarting a few minutes later it seemed to work fine:

And now a few minutes later it’s not working again. Not a big deal, but it seems kinda random when it works and when it doesn’t right now. Could there be issues with accessing the server on the Steinberg end of things today?

Unlikely, but not impossible. Both of those little feeds talk via RSS over HTTPS to the blog.dorico.com server, and so far as I know the blog has had 100% uptime recently.

A post was split to a new topic: Empty news, tutorials etc. in Steinberg Hub in Cubase 10 Pro on Windows 7