Next Halion

ha, ha, that was super easy, faking wave sequencing, i
just made three layers in halion 7, each layer has its own sample zone with one sample and a flexphraser which is set to user mode.
Each flexphraser has different rythm (those blue bars you can ajust in the phrase editor.
In phrase editor, you should be able to perfect sync each sample against each other.
If one , wants to create a wave sequencing with smooth transition with different waveforms, that should allso be possible.
I dont know how perfect you can fake wave sequencing ,but you can do a lot of trick to fake wavesequencing.
Here is a pic of my wavesequencing in Halion 7.

3 Likes

Glad you have it worked out.

Unfortunately, I have not experienced some of the issues others have reported here. Right-clicking text fields was not something I tested. It is not how I use the program, so it is not something I would’ve thought to do. You all have never experienced many bugs due to my testing. Sometimes the bulk of HALion change logs are bugs I’ve found. A lot of bugs I find deal with library functionality. If the text in your macro page isn’t torn, changing the value of a knob didn’t result in weird behavior, your reverb didn’t stick when changing IRs, and you get a warning when exporting with incorrect settings; that may have been because of me, lol. My current bug report count is 112. Trust me, I am finding and fixing them, but the nature of programming will always lead to a bug appearing in one place or another. Especially with such a powerful program. Steinberg is actively working on this stuff constantly.

You make this sound like you are the only beta tester and it’s all down to you that we have Halion, is this part of your Elite programming skills that we only need ONE beta tester ?
“I” was always brought up to believe there’s no ‘i’ in teamwork unless this is the case that you are the only beta tester for Halion ?

Oh no! I believe you may have misinterpreted my response. I am not the sole beta tester. There are other beta testers. We all work together to ensure HALion provides a great experience to all end-users. Beta testers discuss issues and troubleshoot together to help confirm problems and offer tips to help Steinberg refine the user experience. As previously mentioned, “Steinberg is actively working on this stuff constantly.” I do not consider myself included in that statement because I do not work for Steinberg. Their team is hard at work fixing the issues reported by everyone. They do this daily. Since the question posed to me was specific to my part in the process, I answered with my particular contributions. Please don’t think of that as an indication that I mutually exclusively contribute without others.

1 Like

Henrick,

How did it sound? Somebody do a Quick GUI Instrument Quick!!!

Amadeus e.d.p.

Yep,

I’m not sure what the “Elite” dig was for. But it’s cool to know that there is activity. I THINK it would be better if there was more communication about what’s going on.

“Hey Guys…we have these top 10 BUGS…were aware of them and plan to knock them out in XXX days…but don’t hold us to it” kind of post from SB would probably help a LOT.

Amadeus e.d.p.

1 Like

Personally, several times I find myself playing with Halion in stand alone mode and then by the time I open Cubase and start writing, I lose some of the inspiration. So I think the best feature that would greatly upgrade Halion would be the ability to multi-record in the Multi mode section of individual tracks, just like in Cubase, but with very basic recording functions and nothing more than just REC-PLAY and Quantize, and then the ability to export these tracks to Cubase for further processing. I think it would be a very good solution for those who don’t want to lose the first inspiration of the moment. Am I asking too much?

I actually kinda wanted this feature too a long time ago. Now that I have a Mac studio…loading my Logic Template is super fast so it’s been a discipline issue.

Amadeus e.d.p