Nice update Steinberg!

To iBM

Yes, that is how I used to do it in N5.5 too (with the mixers programed into the Mackie Control programmable buttons) but I find it is better now because bringing the right mixer to the front took a few more button presses. Although many, including me, have complained about the focus issue. Why do we still have to click on the mixer for the dedicated mixer buttons to work?

It is also easier now to choose what to put in your configuration than 5.5 (I often have dead audio and group channels that I don’t want to delete). I usually keep the same sizing so I haven’t noticed the sizing issue in configurations but would love to see this fixed.

I usually have my project on the left monitor and the mixer on the right for tracking and mixing now. Plugins float around during mixing. For tracking I use all hardware monitoring so I don’t use the cue sends at all. I just pull up inputs on the mixer to set levels then get rid of them for tracking and visually monitor through the project window.

And I fully agree with you about hovering. Please Steinberg, give us dedicated buttons on the inserts. I’m not sure what you mean about seeing only one track at a time.

Dean

Why do we still have to click on the mixer for the dedicated mixer buttons to work?

We found out why some time ago…
A complete re-write of the mixer code is needed to fix those issues.
So maybe Nuendo 8 or 9 might have these issues fixed.

Will anyone even remember at that point how the mixer used to work?
I think not. I gave up long ago on the mixer/focus/key commands stuff.
Had to change my workflow drastically.

Nuendo 6 and now 6.5 have brought great things to our tables…
We have lost some basic functions along the way but there are workarounds or
simply different ways of achieving the same things. Mostly.

Great update !
updating went smoothly and without any issue…even without trashing my 6.0 prefs !

I’ve been working with 6.5 for a while now and I think it might be the best paid Nuendo update ever.
Track versions absolutely rock, the new reverb sounds superb.
All is stable and well

I posted a comment in the first day of upgrade 6.5, but a I can’t help reposting that everything is running smoothly
and no crashes (projects with more than 50 VST softsynths (FocusritenScarlett 18i20)) and that SB did a bang up job
in integrating Cubase 7.5 into Nuendo 6.5. All preferences are mirrored !!! Thanks SB

Thank you very much!