No 5.1.2 output buss option

There is every combination of multichannel bus except Cubase decided to skip one of the most popular 5.1.2. My head unit will not function correctly with 5.1.4 , or 7.1.4 it skips the TM L&R speakers. This makes so if you are mixing for one of the most common found setups 5.1.2 you cannot monitor in 5.1.2 Likewise there is also no downmix for 5.1.2 Please fix this it is ridiculous to have every other combination except for one. It is a very convenient solution to have a 5.1.2 head unit hooked up as your monitors Sounds great and is exactly what i want to mix the surround to. All 8 channels show up, but two do not work because the output bus is wrong.

1 Like

Just getting into Atmos in Cubase now, but this also surprised me as it’s a very popular consumer format (so I’ve read). What’s the thought process here?

1 Like

Its a road block if you are using a 5.1.2 head unit for monitoring. I don’t think it is a thought process I think it was lazy programming that caused this defect in such a fine piece of software.