No audio at all when playing multichannel files with stereo output configuration

I’ve searched for an answer in the documentation but it seems that I’m not getting the expected result. When working with multichannel ambisonic files, using a stereo audio interface (only two outs), and choosing "Continue (Some Audio Channels Will Be Muted) " in the “Incomplete Audio Device Connections” window, I would expect to at least hear the channels 1 and 2 of the multichannel file over my channels 1 and 2 of the audio interface, but instead I get complete silence. Is this the expected behavior? This is the configuration:

I can only get it to work if I change the Channel Configuration in Audio Connections to have the same number of channels as the audio file, then manually assign the channels 1 and 2 of my interface to each one, alternating. This is not very practical since I often work with different channel counts and also usually decoding to stereo binaural. I could create presets, but I’m just wondering if this is a bug in the software.

Thanks!

Try the Universal config. BTW, I think the Ambisonic VST decoder will be fixed in the upcoming WaveLab 11.1.10.

Thanks again for the quick reply. That worked! Using the Universal configuration, then scrolling down the list and setting Channel #1 and Channel #2 to my audio interface’s chns. 1 and 2.

Thanks for the update regarding the VST decoder!