No Audio During Playback in Dorico

I am currently having issues with the playback feature of Dorico. No matter what I do I can’t seem to get audio during playback. I was previously using Dorico 3.5 but just upgraded to Dorico 4 and the problem has persisted. This happens on all of my projects and regardless of which VST I use (normally use NotePerformer but HALion Sonic won’t work as well). I had been using Dorico for a couple months and it worked fine, the problem just recently started occurring. I’ll go ahead and attach a diagnostic report here. Thanks in advance for any help.

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (658.4 KB)

Welcome to the forum @cbowe .

I’ve had a quick look through the log files and everything appears to be fine.
At the moment your audio driver is set up to play out via “Digital Audio (S/PDIF)”; is that what you expect? If not, go to Edit > Device Setup and change it.

Other question, if you press play, does the green cursor line move? In Play Mode, does the metering flicker next to the channel faders?

Yes, that is the correct audio driver.

The green cursor does move when I play it, however now that you mention the channel faders I noticed something strange. For some reason Dorico is only showing audio output for one or two instruments, even when they should not be playing (but I still hear no sound). Here is a screenshot from a piece for voice and piano, where I am only seeing the flickering in the channel fader for the voice during a piano introduction.

Could you please send that project to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’? Thanks

Yes, it has been sent.