No audio for Vocal line in playback (grand staff plays fine)

Hi all. I’m having issues with audio in one of my compositions. It is a grand staff for piano, plus a treble for vocals. Audio plays back just find for the grand staff, and when I manually select each note there, it does it’s little playback sound. But there is nothing at all in the vocals line. Not when I manually select with the cursor, or in playback, all I can hear is the piano. I’ve checked the volume for each instrument and they’re all set the same at -6.02, and nothing is muted.

My free trial for Dorico 4 ran out and I switched to SE and this is my first time opening this project in SE, so I thought maybe it was an issue with having too many instruments, but I checked and the write up for SE says up to 2 instruments so I don’t think it should be that.

Any help is very much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Please try going to Play > Playback Template, choosing the HSSE (SE) playback template from the list, then clicking Apply and Close.

Now that you are running Dorico SE rather than Dorico Pro, you no longer have access to the Soundiron Olympus Choir Micro sounds that are included with Pro and Elements, but not with SE. Resetting the playback template should take care of this.

That fixed it! Thanks so much :slight_smile: