No audio from newly added inputs

Hi, I wanted to use these inputs on my RME Fireface for the first time. So I created new inputs in audio connections in Cubase, assigned them and they don’t work. 1-4 have been working just fine. I can see signal coming in in the RME mixer on the 5-8, but Cubase isn’t getting any audio. All settings are the same and as far as I know everything is set correctly.

I tried turning everything off and on, restarting, creating new project, switching back and forth from default IN/OUT configutaion, nothing has worked.

The only thing I noticed is that in the Cubase mixer, there’s a white line displayed next to all previous inputs, that doesn’t go all the way to the new ones. I don’t know what this line stands for but it could at least be a sign that there’s something worng with the inputs.

Cubase 10.5 pro
AMD Ryzen 3700X, RAM 32 GB, Win 10, 64 bit.

Thank you guys for any tips

Windows, Mac? System specs?

That has nothing to do with it. The line indicates the channels controlled by an external controller.

I just editted my post. It’s win 10, 64 bit

Screenshots? Totalmix?

Have you added them in connections?

yes I have

Do you have the correct ASIO driver?

How come they are newly added since they have been there all along? Do you just mean newly added to connections?

So in TotalMix you see a signal on these channels but you don’t see it when you create a channel in Cubase with any of these channels assigned? What version of Cubase do you have (ai, elements,pro) ? I don’t know what you mean by a white line. Do you have a screenshot? I’m using a Babyface pro with 8 channel adat and all 12 channels are working fine

How come they are newly added since they have been there all along? Do you just mean newly added to connections?

Yes, just newly added to connections. Until now I only needed inputs 1-4.

So in TotalMix you see a signal on these channels but you don’t see it when you create a channel in Cubase with any of these channels assigned?

Exactly.

I’m using Cubase 10.5 pro

I don’t know what you mean by a white line. Do you have a screenshot?

Someone already said what this line means, it’s not relevant to the issue.

If you don’t need the routing and FX in TotalMix you can switch its Operational Mode to DAW. This way you rule out any wrong routing in TotalMix.

Otherwise please send a screenshot of your Audio Connections window in Cubase, Inputs (menu Studio, first item).

So I used Cubase for a couple days without those new inputs and after a week I tried them and they worked. I changed literally nothing in the settings or TotalMix. I had a similar issue happen to me in Cubase where the program needed a couple new runs/days to actually work fine…it is weird, but at least it works. Thanks for your hep guys!

1 Like