No audio from some tracks in Group

Nothing is different visually on a broken track except, from my post above, “I now notice that when a track’s audio connection to the group is broken the routing name’s font thickness at the top of the mix console is slightly thinner, as in not bolded, although the difference between the two font states is very minimal, easily missed. However, the direct route name’s font in the Channel Settings dialog is totally unchanged.” i.e. nothing visually is different when a track route is broken.

I was really asking for a picture of the thin font. If possible have it next to a field with the normal, thicker font.
As I said, we don’t have the problem and we need to see certain things to come up with ideas what goes wrong.

Not here - it works exactly as expected.

Changing routing destination

Actually, leave it enabled and the next time your problem occurs see what the chain looks like & if it offers any clues.

Not really, but it sounded pretty ugly.

Here’s the “thin font” at top in Routing area for broken track “NuFlutes-Sust”. Also the Chan Settings dialog. “Broken” means the audio meter shows activity for the track but not in the group or stereo out.

After lots more tests for the first time I saw it properly start allowing re-routing from the Chan Settings dialog for several tracks but I did not execute anything unusual. More tests…

All of these tests are on a “template” project i.e. without any track events. Yesterday I did try adding track events but they did not change the routing issue.

Maybe a stupid question but have you tried to do a left mouse click on the red framed Woodwinds button? It looks like it is deactivated.
grafik

Click on the left side where it says Woodwinds to avoid bringing up the pop-up menu.

Routing

Not a stupid question at all–right-clicking does nothing on the Channel Settings button BUT I just discovered that simply clicking either button changes the “enable/disable” state of a Direct Routing selection. It barely changes the shade of the text of the MixConsole button and barely changes the background shading of the Channel Settings button, and I do mean barely. Had no idea you could just hit the button and enable/disable.

This is a sad example of really bad UI design. Pisses me off big time that I lost so much time on this. And it’s a bummer that you all lost time on it too. But thanks for pointing in the right direction to help figure it out.

1 Like