No Audio in Media Bay when using Headphones. Monitors work

I’m trying to address the problem of not getting audio in the media or other areas with sound previews.

All tutorials on this topic suggest you need to activate Control Panel and set up an audio output. I do have that setup. I can correctly hear previews in my monitors but not headphones.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Current Setup (I don’t believe I need the metering option)

There is a setting in preferences that controls that. It’s a bit weird and cumbersome, but check that and it should address your issue:

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 4.31.52 PM

All the way at the bottom of preferences in the ‘Control Room’ tab.

That really should be moved into either then Control Room UI, or at a minimum into the Audio Connections dialog and not get buried under settings.

And it’s an either/or. For the most part, it’s not worth setting up separate headphones channels, but rather handle that in your audio interface/monitor controller where it’s more flexible. The only reason to possibly worry about setting up phones separately that I have found is if you want to take advantage of the separate insert slots in the control room for ‘phones’ and ‘main’, which comes into play if you load calibration plugins like SoundID Reference and you want a speaker profile vs. a headphone profile. Or if you use some of the Waves NX plugins for room modeling and only want that on your phones but not monitors.

3 Likes

always look for it :stuck_out_tongue:
thanks

There are some settings that should definitely not be “hidden” in the preferences. They should be where you need them. This is definitely one of them.