No audio output to speakers or headphones

Hello all, I have looked through this forum in the past and it has been very helpful in terms of getting the MR816 running. This is my first post on the forum as I have not been able resolve my current issue.

I was previously running the Cubase and the MR816x under Win XP 64 and never had an issue trying to get them to record or even replay sound through my onboard sound card.

Last year I upgraded my computer and am now running Win 7 64. I absolutely cannot get audio output from the MR816x. No sound comes out from the speakers or the headphones. I THINK I have set the VST connections properly for the speakers, I am not so sure about the headphone as the instructions seem complicated. However, I don’t remember it ever being difficult to output sound to the headphones.

I tried to solve the issue a few months ago and became very frustrated, same thing now. I just don’t understand what is going on. I am a definite noob at this, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Also, my current system has a VIA firewire chip, so I know that should be OK with the MR816.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

OK, never mind. Finally got this figured out. Just had to return the 1393 driver to the legacy version. I hadn’t realized that until I read the post on optimizing performance.