Could someone verify this, please?
- Create an empty MIDI event/ file in project (make loop region and double click under loop on MIDI track)
- Double click new MIDI file to open in MIDI Editor
- Draw events in MIDI Editor
- Mute most, but not all events
- Select and copy selection with both mute and unmuted events
- Paste selection to empty area in MIDI file
-> Result = all events appear muted, but unmuted events still play
NB: In my project where this occurs, there are blocks of one bar note events, densely placed up and down the ‘keyboard’ in several octaves and in 16 bar or greater block lengths. These are used to trigger sequencers. I have the note events all muted to begin, and then gradually unmute them across the timeline to create sequenced arrangements.
I note that when I cut and paste a section, it plays properly, but all the unmuted notes lose their color (velocity) and show white, the same as muted sections pasted with them.