No Forward or Rewind in Transport or Key Commands

I can’t get Cubase 5.5.3’s forward or rewind to work with either the Transport Bar buttons or Key Commands. The key commands are set right (Pad+, Pad-) in File/Key Commands…/Transport. Please advise.

switch of the transport keyboard?

You mean the Virtual Keybord in the Transport bar, right? Default shortcut for this is Option/Alt + K.

yes

I have never used the Transport Keyboard as described above. As far as I can tell, that has no relation to the problem I am having.

Its my computer keyboard commands for forward and rewind (Pad+, Pad -) that are NOT working, nor are the << or >> buttons on my transport bar.

I submitted a tech support query last week, but no one has contacted me. :frowning:

I think Split was asking if you see the virtual keyboard. Do you see the virtual keyboard (attached to the transport)?
IF you do, make it disappear and retry “-” and “+”.

Yes that was what I was asking, just used the wrong term. I did mean the Virtual Keyboard and the question mark indicates that it was a question not a statement :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I do see the Virtual Keyboard in the Transport and, previously, I hadn’t CLOSED the Virtual Keyboard before trying the Pad+ and Pad- keys again. Once I did that, FF and REW worked as expected. After nearly twenty years of using Cubase - going back to Cubase 3 (not SX3) - its funny how some newly-discovered item will trip you up! Thanks for your help.