No HalionOne, Halion 3 owners left out?

Although not supported officially Cubase 6 will run on XP,the activation code for halion Sonic trial is £166 as opposed to £211 for the separate product, the activation code for wavelab elements trial is the same as the separate product ( I think the downloadable wavelab trial is for the full product) so you would save a few quid if you went from 6, assuming you do want to upgrade to that anyway

Thanks for the reply

I believe there is a wavelab elements trial in C6 (and artist) which is interesting considering there is now an option to export audio to wavelab and it opens automatically.

Normally exports take a long time anyway, but having it all done automatically is really a very big step forward in my view but I’m interested to know as well does Wavelab Full actually work with multitrack audio?

If so does that mean it will work directly with the pool or only on audio export?

Cheers

Then why do they say the version in C6 is “SE”?

The SE version is included with C6, there is also a trial version of the full Halion sonic on disc, buying the activation code permanently authorizes this.

HalionSonic SE is included in Cubase 6, HalionSonic (full version) comes as trial with Cubase 6 (probably as separate installation, and maybe even on a separate disc)

And so my question is… Do we get a reduced price upgrade from SE to the full version of HALion Sonic or is it the same price as everyone else?

Can you upgrade the Key Editor? Can you upgrade HALionOne to anything? No! HALion Sonic has replaced HALionOne. You can’t upgrade what’s part of Cubase.

But somebody at Steinberg insists on keeping the confusion alive and name everything almost the same …

Hello,

There is no upgrade from Halion Sonic SE to Halion Sonic. You can buy the full license for it in our online shop for € 199,-

Cheers,

Chris

yep correct! it actually comes on TWO discs in the pack.

Thank you Chris, that was all I wanted to know. :slight_smile: