No imput signal in Cubase 5

Hello everyone, I was wondering if somebody could help me with the problem I have. I just bought a Line 6 Sonic Port VX and cannot get any imput signal in Cubase. I set the ASIO Sonic Port VX as a main driver, all BUS inputs and outputs are set and Sonic port is listed as default audio device in Control Panel but still I cannot get any input signal. Any ideas?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Could you please attach a screenshot of the Studio Setup, Audio Connections (formally VST Connections > Inputs and Outputs), please?

Are you on Mac or Windows (which version)? are you aware, Cubase 5 is not supported on the current os versions?

Hello, thanks.

I am running a windows 7, and it has been working great with my UX2 interface but now with this new interface something is wrong.

Hi,

Deactivate the VST System Link, please. You don’t need it. It’s useful, if you want to connect and sync two computers with Cubase.

Did it, but no change

Hi,

Are there only these 2 Inputs on the hardware?

Yes, also only ones showing in the DAW

Ok, I just got the signal in, but after I plugged in the interface when CuBase was already running. Then I tried to close the CuBase and run it again, and there was no signal, so I once again plugged out the interface and plugged it in again (with cubase still running) and now I am getting the signal from input. Do you know what is a cause of that?

Hi,

Do you have an Audio track with the Monitor enabled in Cubase already?

Yes, I had it

So, I figured out that I can either have signal in CuBase or in PodFarm , but I cannot have signal which goes from PodFarm to CuBase, and that’s actually the main purpose of this combination. Do you have an idea what could be the problem here, and is there a solution for that?

Hi,

You can use the PodFarm as a plug-in, can’t you?

Not really, never had to set a plug-in for Pod Farm with the last interface