No input port available in cubase AI 6

Hello,

I’m using a Yamaha Audiogram 3 interface with cubase AI 6. My problem is that I cannot get CUBASE to recognise any input port in VST connections. I click Devices<device setup<control panel and in the section titled ‘Direct sound input ports’ I click on Microphone (USB Audio CODEC) as instructed by the Audiogram 3 manual. But there is absolutely no recognition of an input port under ‘device setup’ or in VST Connections. It is not even inactive, it is just not there. The outputs work fine and are active. I am using the ‘ASIO DirectX Full Duplex’ driver.

What should I do next?! It is mildly frustrating…!

Any advice will be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hello,

I am using the ‘ASIO DirectX Full Duplex’ driver.

That is the problem, you need to use the Yamaha driver.
Go to Devices > Device Setup > VST Audio System > ASIO Driver.
And select the Yamaha driver.

If you don’t see the driver you have to go to the Yamaha website and download the Yamaha USB driver:

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/music-production/interfaces/audiogram/audiogram3/1913/3512/audiogram_downloading_and_installing_yamaha_usb_audio_driver

Best regards,
GN

Guillermo Navarrete you are a genius! Just woke up, downloaded the driver, setup the AUdiogram 3, set-up my SM86 condenser mic and bang! Clear, crisp sound. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out on this one, made my day! Have a great, great, day.

Mark