No license found in Steinberg Activation Manager

Hello!

I just bought my DORICO 4 yesterday, and I am having a hard time getting it work!

It says “NO LICENSE FOUND” and asked that I enter the DAC in the Download Assistant and I already did several times!

Everytime I enter the DAC it prompts its SUCCESSFUL! I already rebooted my computer and it’s still the same cycle I go through!

What else am I missing? Please help… thank you.

Hi. Did you have an earlier version of Dorico? My question is “is it an update”? If it is, you must first make sure that your “old” license is no longer updatable (because it has been upgraded). Use the Steinberg Activation Manager to make sure your Dorico license is activated on your computer (you don’t need to input your code in the Steinberg Download Assistant more than once, for what it’s worth, so you can stop doing that)

Hello, Marc!

Thank you so much for your reply. I did have a previous version, but it was a trial version. If it gets in the way, how do I uninstall or uproot it? I reckon I may need to re-install the licensed version?

Thanks, again and more power to you!

Joseph

Well, not sure about the trial thing… I don’t think you need to upgrade this license, it must be something on its own. Making sure you’ve activated your computer on the Steinberg Activation Manager should be enough, if my memory serves… What does it show you? (you must launch it and connect it to your MySteinberg account, I think… There’s a video showing all this step by step)

Welcome to the forum, Joseph. I’ve moved your post to a new thread to separate it from that older problem.

I’ve checked your account, and everything looks fine: your Dorico Pro 4 license is ready and waiting for you. Can you please try updating Steinberg Activation Manager to the latest version from here:

Then run Steinberg Activation Manager, check that it’s version 1.3.1 (at the time of writing), and sign in with your Steinberg ID email address and password: you should see Dorico Pro 4 listed there. Click Activate and that should do it.

1 Like

Thank you, Marc, for this. Will check again. Although the software does not appear in the Steinberg Activation Manager where there should be a read “ACTIVATE” button I have to click beside the software name.

I’ll keep you abreast. Thanks so much for your guidance.

Hello, Daniel. Sorry for the late reply. Will try this link please. Thanks so much.

The problem is I can’t even see an “ACTIVATE” button beside the list.

Is it possible that you have multiple registered Steinberg ID email addresses, and you have signed in to Steinberg Activation Manager with a different email address than the one you used when you first entered your Download Access Code into Steinberg Download Assistant?

Can you attach a screenshot of what you see in Steinberg Activation Manager?

GOOD NEWS!

I went deeper into my System directory (~Library/Application Support/Steinberg and found out that the previous files dated May 2021 for the Trial version of Dorico 3.5 were still there. I erased all old folders and rebooted the computer. Then went to Steinberg Download Assistant, erased all files, and re-installed, registered again online, then VOILA! The DORICO Software suddenly appeared on the list in the Steinberg Activation Manager and beside it the red button ACTIVATE.

Daniels question wether I had multiple accounts used for registering the software led me into thinking that indeed it might still stored in the directory and confusing the licensed software.

Thanks so much for your patience!

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re up and running, though I expect it was actually the reboot that solved your problem, given that the existence of an earlier version of Dorico on your system won’t have any impact at all on the activation of Dorico 4. The main thing, though, is that you’re on your way! I hope you find things smoother from here – but if not, please don’t hesitate to post here on the forum and we will do our best to help.

1 Like

Thank you, Daniel.
Thank you to Marc Larcher, too, for responding at once in the start.

More power to you all!

1 Like