No metronome sound in Cubase 12.0.10

After updating, I made a few new projects, Can not activate metronome. Yes, I have opened metronome settings and control room as well.

Hi,

If you are using Control Room, make sure Monitor bus has been added and is routed to the relevant output of your Audio Device. The metronome is routed via the Monitor bus, if the Control Room is enabled.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, might come in handy. Found the problem: after the update the audio output in audio connections was blank. I set it to my Fireface UC, and everything is fine. Except I have to do it for every project. I don"t know if it is Cubase or the souncard driver.

1 Like

I just had the same problem with the metronome not sounding in Cubase 12, none of the suggestions online worked for me - the suggestions being; make sure audio connections are set correctly including Control Room, make sure metronome is activated in control room and output is selected in metronome setup in the transport tab, I did a factory reset of Cubase 12, deleted the preferences multiple times via %appdata%, uninstalled, reinstalled everything regarding Cubase.

After all this and the whirlwind of rage I was feeling, I thought to check if my Focusrite 2nd gen 2i2 soundcard needed a driver update. Went to the website and saw there was a new update for the driver. I updated the driver, relaunched Cubase and lo and behold the metronome worked again so here’s a heads up if anyone is having the same problem that I was, I just needed a soundcard driver update, sometimes the simplest things are the easiest to forget. :joy: