No Midi out, no midi thru

I think I nailed it.

I use a Steinberg UR28M audio interface.

I uninstalled everything remotely related to Steinberg, including the UR28M Usb driver and application, re installed Elements 10.30 and it worked using a generic low latency ASIO driver.

As I reinstalled the UR28M proper driver, latest version, it stopped working, no more Midi Out / Midi Thru

Now As I switch between generic Asio driver and UR28M proper driver I realize it’s the UR28M that conflicts. With that doesn’t work, without it it does.

There’s a very surprising incompatibility/conflict between those 3 elements, Cubase Elements, UR28M and Keystep.

Don’t have the faintest idea as to why. I don’t want to give up with Cubase midi editing capabilities, that I love, so I guess I’ll go for another audio board. I might send an invoice to Steinberg for the 3 days it roughly took me to get to the bottom of this . . .

Thanks all for your support / ideas.

Could it be that the keystep-driver conflicts with the UR28M driver?

Could be. Anyone here got that combo ? Keystep + UR28M ?

OK so I switched to the ASIO4ALL driver and everything works fine !
Definitely something wrong with the standard UR28M Asio driver.

Did you get it resolved. if so please share. I am 2 months down the road without being able to play any VST instruments. upgraded to C12 and still no sounds at all. Took a ticket out 2 months ago and no response.

Yes I did. Install and use asio4all, it’ll do the trick. There’s an incompatibility between the Yamaha Steinberg driver and the arturia driver. Nobody cares about it and nobody even take notice, shameful. But I did painfully found out and fixed it. Let me know.