No midi recorded

Don’t know what happened (haven’t been using C7 for a while) but I can’t seem to record any midi data. Is there a page where I can look for solutions.

In preferences all checks for Midi Record are set, thru only for sysex.
Device setup is set to accept all Midi.

Thx for helping me out.

in the midi inserts on the inspector there is an efx called midi monitor.
load it and see if the channel picks up the midi data that you are sending
if not: something is wrong with your midi connection, but with the amount of info you are giving, tracking any problem is a bit difficult.

kind regards,
R.

Dear Roel,

Thanx for your answer. I see the midi in events, however nothing gets recorded.
FYI : MIDI redord mode is set to New PArts / MIDI Cycle record mode to Stacked.

MIDI Port Setup : I//O (In) / Port System Name (Focusrite Saffire) / Show As (Focusrite Saffe) / Visible (checked) / State (active) / In ‘All’ MIDI checked

Any one ?

Best regards
Guido

Track is armed?
Tried shutting everything down and rebooting?
Reconnecting your keyboard controller?
You can record from the virtual keyboard?
Yo can draw notes with the pencil in the MIDI editor?
When you try recording, the track is getting just a colored box that disappears when you press stop?
You are recording onto a MIDI track?
Is auto punch out activated?

Sometimes it’s the most simple things that we overlook.

If the track is armed and the little meter at the very beginning edge of the track is showing activity, then something - even CC data - should get recorded.

One more simple thing: are your locators L and R on the left and right of where you want to record?

@Philskeys :
Track is armed?
Sorry don’t know what you mean by that ?
Tried shutting everything down and rebooting?
Yes, reinstalled also the drivers, but they do work as the signal gets to VST instruments, it’s just Cubase that does not handle it properly.
Reconnecting your keyboard controller?
Same answer as above
You can record from the virtual keyboard?
No …
When you try recording, the track is getting just a colored box that disappears when you press stop?
Track is colored when starting recording. But don’t get a track part at all as nothing is recorded
You are recording onto a MIDI track?
Yes
Is auto punch out activated?
Never use auto / punch

@arjan
Locators are indeed properly set

Thx, guys for helping me !
More tips welcome. (I also sent a mail to support as I don’t see any solution myself anymore. )

In preferences all checks for Midi Record are set, thru only for sysex.

In the preferences - MIDI-MIDI Filter, a checked box in the “record” section prevents it from being recorded ( it’s a filter), so make sure notes, etc are NOT checked if you want to record them.

This was indeed the solution. :stuck_out_tongue:
Still don’t understand how that changed…

Thx !!