No more resizing of the right click tool box?

No more resizing of the right-click Toolbox? Hold down the mouse pointer for 3 seconds and you can redistribute the rows and columns of the Tools in the Toolbox. Why was that removed.

Otherwise It’s a lot great changes mainly in the areas I use so, happy camper with a question!

2 Likes

Oh dear… please bring this back SB

2 Likes

I can’t manage to resize the tool box to my convenience either.
Please bring this back!

hey yes, obviously…

see, these are teh little things that some noobs do not understand… the size of teh rightclick box makes selecting the tool much faster because you can have 3 rows and all important things just a mouses planklength aways…

now I have to even re-adjust my brain to see which dang tool I am pressing…

We get it, you are with the “flat-cubase” society… the transport bar, squished flat, the scrollbars, squished flat, the rightclick toolbox, squished flat…
-if you would leave the layout of some of the older things as “legacy” if possible-. that would be great - or better yet, make things modular… so we can choose our own menus, our own dimensions of transport, this , that… make everything modular and customizeable… be the daw that we all want… :wink:

3 Likes

Makes no sense for this feature to be removed really. Honestly I’ve gotten so used to having two rows it’s a little annoying every time u have to switch tools. I just don’t understand why this was changed as it’s not like having 2 or more rows “messes” up the new UI design. Steinberg, please bring this back.

3 Likes

yes and that is soo annoying.
please, bring it back

1 Like

Agreed. Please fix.

If you edit stuff close to the right edge of total hardware monitor screen and you try to select another Tool using the Toolbox then the Toolbox is so long it bumps into the right edge of the screen and your mouse cursor is all of a sudden over the wrong Tool. You don’t notice stuff like this because you have made those moves a million times. Now you have to start noticing again and it’s such a total … pebble in the shoe. It ruins the overall experience a little. Please get this feature back!

1 Like

Why on earth has this been tampered with? Totally inconvenient.

1 Like

And accessing those Tool submenus are a real test of hand-eye co-ordination - got to be about a 4 square pixel target…? How’s that on 4K/HiDPI screens I wonder…? :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

It works for me. Less clutter. Contextual. A good change.

After using Cubase for 25+ years this is not easy to readjust to. Please bring back the toolbox!

1 Like

I have never ever seen a complaint here about the feature of redistributing the rows and columns of the Tools in the Toolbox.
And despite this, Steini decides to pull out this feature in C10, which problaby suited many people’s workflow:
Less mouse movement to reach a certain Tool.

Really, what were they thinking (if they have put any thought about it all) ?!
I honestly don’t get this kind of totally nonsense decisions in software engineering. (winking to Microsoft Windows)

Just my 2 Cents.
Warm Regards.

1 Like

I agree!

Thank you !

I agree, please bring this back Steinberg!

After a lot of years using Cubase with a smart two line toolbox I find the new linear toolbox totally unconvenient, this slows my work a lot, please bring back the possibility to resize the toolbox!

1 Like

Sorry; I have to disagree with the silly bastard who posted this! :blush: :laughing:
It ruins the overall experience in the Project Window A LOT!!!

1 Like

+1

+1

They ask us “What is most important for you?”, we answer “Workflow is everything, new features can wait!”. And so, with each update, they kill the workflow. Good workflow IS short mouse paths, you don’t make them longer. You reduce the number of clicks. Good workflow is easy and quickly accessible user defined colors. You don’t empty context menus just because they look cluttered. Decluttering does not necessarily improve workflow, it may just look as if it does.
You don’t try to unify Mobile/Tablet/Desktop in one UI. You don’t try to fail like Windows 8/10 in this respect. You shouldn’t design for commercial success, you should design for your customer base and their needs - and will be commercial successful because of this.

I will get used to the new UI? It’s just because I hate change? No, I don’t hate change. But I hate changes for the worse. That is still subjective? Maybe.

Okay. It doesn’t work for me. A bad change.

1 Like