No multipanner key command?

Hello,
So to be clear all I need to do is to have a keyboard key mapped to open the multipanner big window (not the edit channel window with the small panner)…the reason for this is that I’m working on a ambisonic project and using an ipad to mirror my screen so I can record panning automation with the ipad touchscreen and avoid using the mouse.
While trying to figure this out i run into some confusing issues and still can’t figure it out how to achieve this simple task…

While trying to have a key command mapped to open the multipanner …it looks like the only option for the multipanner listed in the key commands is the vst multipanner inside the process folder…So when I hit the already mapped key it doesnt open the multipanner but instead opens the direct offline processing…
Also I noticed that when trying to figure out if maybe the multipanner was labeled with a different name…it shows: “enable/disable speaker” on the inspector (see picture labeled “pan pict wrong label”)…

Also can’t figure why sometimes the inspector shows the multipanner and sometimes it doesn’t…I can’t find the settings that allow me to have the multipanner (plus some other settings ) showing or not (see pictures labeled : “with mp” and “no mp”)

I’m attaching some pictures to illustrate the issue etc…

Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome,

Unfortunately there is no this kind of Key Command available.

thanks for replying…I wonder why? I can’t believe I’m the only person that find this very useful…
btw…any idea about the inspector issue? :::

“I can’t figure why sometimes the inspector shows the multipanner and sometimes it doesn’t…I can’t find the settings that allow me to have the multipanner (plus some other settings ) showing or not (see pictures labeled : “with mp” and “no mp”)”

thanks!

Hi,

I don’t know, why.

Where is the MIDI Track, where the noMP is routed to? I can’t even see the Audio Inserts, so my expectation is, this MIDI Track is routed to a hardware output, isn’t it? The multipanner appears only in case, there is any surround channel in the signal path.

well it’s an ambisonic project so all tracks are routed to the ambi out…but still some tracks show an extra set of options that include the multipanner with even a extra set up options (you can see that on the pict) but some others don’t…but even if some track wasn’t routed to a multichannel output still it should be showing a regular pan right?.. I can’t find any info on this …can’t figure it out