I have been using a new pc lately, ryzen 3600xt, 16gb, M2 500gb with my existing RME babyface proFS, on win 10 and cubase 10.5 pro.
When trying to work on existing projects which were created on a Dell laptop with the same card, sometimes after the project is loaded I get no output at all. Audio connections are OK and audio card selected OK. Sometimes the project may have been saved just the day before and it before that playing OK.
The way to make it trigger the output is only by changing the buffers, i.e. from 256 to 128 or vice versa. If changed from 256 to 128 for example I may work for as long as I want on this setting. The next day if I open it again chances are 50/50 it will play OK or be silent until I change again from 128 to 256.