No playback for a couple of staves

I can audition notes as I’m composing (i.e. moving a note vertically, navigating using the cursor keys, left-clicking a note with my mouse cursor, etc.), but when I actually play the score, I hear nothing.

This happened after copying several bars from a system in one score, and pasting them into another score. Most of the pasted instruments play back fine, but my two cello and double bass staves at the bottom are totally mute during playback.

Nothing looks fishy in the Mixer.

If anyone has any ideas about why this is happening, please let me know them. Thank you.

The first thing I’d suggest is to try doing Play > Deactivate all Solo States and Deactivate all Mute States, to see if that helps.

The first thing I’d suggest is to try doing Play > Deactivate all Solo States and Deactivate all Mute States , to see if that helps.

Thanks, but that didn’t help at all.

To my web site, I’ve posted a Dorico file that illustrates my problem (on my laptop, anyway). If anyone bothers to download and open it, please let me know whether you hear anything during playback. (Again, I do hear sounds when selecting or moving notes during editing, just not when I try to play the score.)

Normally, I’d just copy the bars into new staves, but as I wrote, this happened when I did just that, before. (Out of desperation, I did try copying them anyway, and sure enough, playback is silent even in the new staves.)

I have no idea why this is happening. Looks like my only recourse is to rewrite the staves, and just hope that this doesn’t happen again.

Never mind, I got it working. Had to load the samples into a new VST slot, guess the old one got corrupted somehow.

Interestingly, simply reloading a VST into the same slot didn’t work, even if I deleted the VST first, and even if I first replaced it with a different VST plug-in. I had to add a whole new slot.

I’m trying to think of a way in which a particular “slot” could get corrupted (of course internally there’s not really any such thing as a slot, but rather each track gets its own address that is a combination of the index of the instrument in the rack, the port, and the channel in the instrument, etc.) but I can’t really think of what it might be, and because I don’t have your VST instruments I wouldn’t be able to play back the project anyway, so there’s a limit to what I can do to help here, unfortunately.

I’m glad you were able to work around the problem in the meantime.