No playback today

Last night everything was working fine, had playback

Today I started up Dorico and opened multiple projects and everything seems to be working except that there is no sound

I’ve quit and restarted x3 and same result

Prior to this I had also noticed that in Dorico the volume level was very limited, not sure if that is related

Please load one project and then choose from Dorico’s menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresonding zip file here. Thanks

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.2 MB)

Don’t ask me how you did it, but the Built-in audio output ports are switched off with you.
To rectify, go to Edit > Device Setup and click on the Control Panel button, a new little window appears where you need to tick the output ports to activate them again.

Thinking maybe it was the MacBook I plugged in the external speakers and there was sound, then unplugged them and there was sound from the internal speakers

This is a brand new MacBook and I haven’t looked at or touched any of the settings

I have a reputation about having a bad relationship with everything technology or even just electrical including old school handheld compasses

anyway thanks, it all seems to be working now

1 Like

This may be a different issue but the volume I can get is lower for Dorico than for other things like playing AIFFs

there’s probably just a place to turn it up that I haven’t discovered yet

I’ve checked this against other things, the sound level for videos and iTunes is much higher, for Dorico it’s mid to low volume

There is a Preference to tweak the base volume of Dorico, which out of the box backs off to allow headroom for effects processing, etc. If you have not already, you can bump that up to 6.

volumeSetting