No Playback

Hi, I have used Dorico extensively for the last 4 years, and I am used to most of its quirks regarding playback. However I am transcribing a 19 part choir piece by Robert Carver, and although I have used the usual trick of resetting or saving closing and opening, I cannot get it to play back through Note Performer or Halion, though I would prefer Note Performer. Currently it is set up with the first 16 voices on the Port 1 16 channels through one Note performer labelled 2. And the final 3 voices through note performer 3.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Cheers

A shot in the dark here: Go to the Playback Template option in Play Mode and re-choose and apply NotePerformer.

Difficult to say. If you trust Steinberg, could you please send the project to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’. We will only use it for the purpose of helping you.

Hi,

I have an issue with Noteperformer 3 and Dorico 3.5 pro (Win10). Dorico finds Noteperformer among playback templates and it’s selected by default. But in the playback label NP instance appears as ‘!! noteperformer !!’. There is no sound. However Halion works fine, and NP works in Sibelius. I tried to reinstall NP but still doesn’t work. Please some help. Thank you

Until Ulf gets back to you, you may want to look at this thread to predict what he will ask you to do.

Hi Miguel, Derrek is quite right, so please do as directed in the mentioned thread.

Hi Derrek, I use Note performer on all of my projects, and it is superb. It still works on other files, it is just this unusual one that it is having a problem with. I am sending the project to Ulf and will let you know how I get on. Thanks for your help.

Hi All, just a quick thank you to Ulf. He said that some how my initial set up of this piece had missed the noteperformer as default setting in profiles. Click the button to confirm and all is well with the world again. Hope that helps Miguel