No playback

Hi

Sometimes, like today, I import a audio file in a new project and it refuse to play.
So, I save my project and close Cubase. Then restart and everything is fine….?

Someone have an idea of what is happening ? what am I doing wrong?

Thank You

Does the problem occur if you switch to the Built in Audio driver? Do you see metering on Stereo Out, but do not hear anything? What version and build of Cubase do you have installed (Cubase menu, About)?

Hi,

No metering at all, on track and stereo out.
Doesn’t check with the built in audio driver
Cubase 7.5.2
Thank you!

I’m sorry but I do not understand your reply of “Doesn’t check with the built in audio driver” Do you mean that the problem does not occur with Built-in Audio?

After the restart, when does it stop working again with the UR44?

Sorry,
I didn’t switch to the built in audio.

After a restart, it work as it should.

I would suggest testing with switching to Built-in Audio. Does it fail there? If you switch back to the UR44 after that, does it work again?

After it works from the restart, what changes when it stops working? Thank you.

Hi,

It just not working on start of a new project.
Very random and not every time I start a new project.
When I restart, the project works as it should. I don’t remember having an already working project that stop working.

This bug not happened to since I write on the forum so, Ididn’t have the chance to check a non-working new project with the buit-in audio.

When you start the new project are you using the “Empty” template or a different one? If you go to Devices, VST Connections, Outputs, what do you see?

Hi,
Yeah, empty project.
When the audio stop working, I can load an instrument tracks and ear the sound coming from the synth.
Seems like Audio tracks are disable.

In Devices, VST Connections, what do you have connected for your Inputs? What do you have connected for the Outputs?

They are all connect as usual.

This seem to happen when I move the jog wheel or the +/- sign on it.

Looks like this:

Are you using Control Room? Can you please post a screen shot of your VST Connections on the Outputs tab and on the Studio tab?

Can you post of picture of playback in the main project window, with your mixer up as well please?

Hi, I have some news.

The audio stop working when I play with the +/- sign on the jog wheel for some time.
I’m working with video and locate frame with it.
Midi still working when the audio don’t.
A restart of cubase cure the disease.

Is this a bug, or i’m doing something wrong?

Thank you

Using the Nudge option for the playback cursor should not stop all audio playback from happening. Do the audio tracks still meter playback?

Are you using Control Room? Can you please post a screen shot of your VST Connections on the Outputs tab and on the Studio tab?

Can you post of picture of playback in the main project window, with your mixer up as well please?