No playing back from AIRA via USB

Hi, I have Rolands System-1 synth hooked up via USB. I can rcord but there is no transmitting from Cubase back to the synth. Before this I used MIDI then it worked but with other issues…

Please help, Micke.

Hi,

Did you change the MIDI port on the MIDI tracks, when you switched from MIDI to USB connection, please?

Hi. Yes I did, I use system -1 control…

Hi,

I’m sorry, I don’t know System-1… Isn’t there any system settings, where the MIDI comes on, and the routing? I know, there is a settings on other Roland devices. Could you dobře check it, please?

Hi, Thanks for replay. The thing is that I never had this problem before with any other of my outboard equipment when using MIDI. It is maybe some USB related issue? I recently updatated to Windows 10 , I also started to use the the motherboards internal VGA for my screenmonitor, removed my old videocard that was stopping the update from Win 7. Also my audio harddrive is chewing and acting strange… It seems to all these problems are related but how?!?

Micke.

Hi,

I wouldn’t say, it’s a general USB issue. I would say something in the settings. Did you double check the Roland settings, please? There could be set just routing from the MIDI Input, not from USB port. I remember, I had to do some changes in the Roland settings, when I switched from MIDI to USB and back.

I will have a look at it again, there is not much to do. Turn on/off midi thru, and switch between local and eeh not local… How shall I do with midi thru? On or off?

Micke.

Hi,

The MIDI Thru is interesting. There is no MIDI Thru HW socket. So it probably copies the Incoming MIDI data to the MIDI Output, when you have another AIRA system Device connected. In this case, you are using even other Devices, you should keep it On, I would (if I understand the ROland system, and this wording correctly). Maybe, I will download the Operation manual, and have a look in to it finally. :wink:

this is driving me absolutley mad! I cant understand what is wrong, tried every thing i can think of. The manual is very short and says little about this. Still need help please,

Micke,

Hi,

Unfortunately, you are right. I cannot find any valuable Operation Manual. :-/ The only one information is, you have to install the driver first.

At the other, it would mean, you don’t need any dedicated settings, and it should works immediately.

I really appreciate your time and effort , thanks! I have to struggle on with this, see if I can go back to MIDI but there is some problems there as well…

Micke.

Hi,

What mind of problems is there with MIDI?

Hi,
I am now on midi, no usb. With the scatter-wheel on the synt I have to be in mode 2 to hear what I accually play. To get nuendo to playback I must be in mode 1, wich I understand is like "local on/off on other outboard equipment. Never used to have toggle back and forth with my other Roland products. Well, if I do like that it seems to work, BUT I want to use it like an external device in Nuendo so I can RENDER my recorded MIDI . I create a AIRA instrument in VST connection and set the outs to my RME DS 8-RayDat . NOW there is no connection of what so ever and nuendo does not play back. I can see my midinotes but no sound…?