No signal sample editor

Hi,

I have a strange issue in Cubase pro 9 that I’m not able to resolve. When I open a track with the sample editor I have no signal, therefore no sound. Everything runs fine in the project windows.

Any ideas?

Many thanks for your help,

Alain.

Hi,

What do you mean by “open a track with the sample editor”, please? Do you mean to double-click to the Audio event and open Sample Editor to be able to edit it?

1. Make sure Monitor button is not enabled on the track.
  2. Do you use Audition (the “Play” button of the editor), or common Transport Panel Play? If you use Audition, then the signal is routed to the Monitor 1 (Control Room).

Hi Martin,
Many thanks for your reply,

What do you mean by “open a track with the sample editor”, please? Do you mean to double-click to the Audio event and open Sample Editor to be able to edit it?

Yes, sorry for the confusion.

1. Make sure Monitor button is not enabled on the track.

Not unable

Do you use Audition (the “Play” button of the editor), or common Transport Panel Play? If you use Audition, then the signal is routed to the Monitor 1 (Control Room).

Yes, I use Audition. I’m new to Cubase pro. I have previously used Cubase Elements and I had no problem. So I understand the signal is routed to Monitor 1 (Control Room). When loading the control room windows, I now see the signal. However no sound is coming to the speaker. There is thus something I need to configure?

Many thanks again for your help,

Alain

I’ve found the solution. In VST connections-Studio, Monitor 1 was not routed to the soundcard. Works perfect now!
Thanks again,
Alain.

Yes, this is it.

Make sure Stereo Out is Not Connected now. Otherwise you would get a doubled signal while playback the project (from Transport Panel).

The control room overview chart is not all bad - but it could need some work to be more clear.
Good spot to see where things are at.