No sound after opening

Every time I open cubase, I must delete the program preferences (holding ctrl + shift + alt while launching). If I do not do this, once I open a project, everything works fine but I am unable to hear anything. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

If you are using Cubase 8.0.20 and if you are opening projects made in Cubase 8.0.10 (or older), then this is a known issue. Open your VST Connections. Your Output is here. Remove the Stereou Out here, and Add the new One back. Then you can hear the sound.

Or is it the same even for projects created in Cubase 8.0.20? Could then check your VST Connections setup, and describe it here, please?

It happens even with projects created in Cubase 8.0.20. I just tested this again and the same problem happened with a project I know was created with .20. I deleted my preferences, opened a project, set my VST connections to the correct output, audio worked fine. This was the only thing I did with the project before closing it. I then opened it again without deleting preferences and audio did not work, even after setting my VST connections.

I am using ASIO4ALL and often switch between using the output of my laptop and the output of my interface, depending on where I am when I use Cubase.

I have attached screenshots of all the settings I think would be relevant in causing this problem. They were taken after opening the second time while audio is not working.

Is this issue fixed, when you remove the Output bus in the VST Connections > Output, and Add new Stereo Output bus, which is connected to the ASIO4ALL Line Out 1/2 again?

Could you use Monitor 1 from the Studio tab, as your main output Line Out 1/2 of the ASIO4ALL, please? This Monitor 1 should be much more stable.