*No sound* from Cubase 12 on MacBook Pro 13" M1 2020 through iConnectAUDIO4+

Cubase was routing audio out through iConnectAUDIO4+ and powered monitor speakers just fine until this morning.

Then I mucked around with the iConnectAUDIO4+ settings trying to get Audio Passthru to work, and now I can’t get Cubase 12 to recognize my iConnectAUDIO4+ interface at all. It just doesn’t see it, doesn’t even show it as an option in Studio >> Audio Connections >> Inputs or in Studio >> Audio Connections >> Outputs.

I can get sound from Cubase to play through the MacBook Pro’s internal speakers, but not through the iConnectAUDIO4+, even after resetting it to factory defaults.

** Any ideas on how to get Cubase to recognize / connect to the iConnectAUDIO4+ again? I’m running Cubase 12 in MacOS Ventura 13.1 on a MacBook Pro 13" M1 2020.

I get audio output through the iConnectAUDIO4+ using Reason 12, Moog’s Model D synth app and GForce’s OB-E synth app. It’s got to be something that’s going on with Cubase 12.

Thanks.

Does the iConnect AUDIO4+ have a dedicated ASIO driver ?

• If so, it should appear in the ASIO Driver list (Studio > Studio Setup > Audio System pane). Try to select it.
  • If not, try to run Cubase again in Safe Start mode (maintaining the [cmd]+[shift]+[opt] keys pressed while launching Cubase), and choosing in the Safe mode window the Disable program preferences option.