I am new to Cubase Elements 8 (on Windows 7) and having a really hard time with it, so ANY assistance would be most appreciated. It is amazing software, but can’t seem to get it to make any sound. It was working fine and I was recording away without issue, until this last time when I opened it and now it won’t make any sound. The sound level on the track moves indicating the output is recognized, however it’s not coming out anywhere. Specifically, I have added a Groove Agent 4 SE instrument track to the project and dragged over one of the patterns.
I have ensured:
- in Devices --> VST Connections - all connections are assigned properly.
- in Devices --> Device Setup under VST Audio System, that “Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO” is selected as the ASIO driver. This setting has not changed since I first started the program, so I don’t believe this is the issue.
- the track has a properly assigned input (“All MIDI Inputs”)
- the track has a properly assigned output (“Groove Agent SE”)
- the track is enabled for monitoring
- the track is NOT enabled for recording (also tried enabling for recording - no change)
- all volume levels are set where they should be on the physical audio interface (Yamaha MG10XU USB mixer) as well as my speakers (which work just fine in other applications)
- all other applications have been closed (just in case)
- the computer is freshly rebooted
Does anyone have any other ideas I could try?
Many thanks in advance!!!