No Sound from Dorico to HALion

I just purchased Dorico and I can’t get the sound at all.

When I play a score in both Write mode and play mode the bar moves but there is no sound.
I opened up Halion and there is not indication that sound is going in. Further when i click the keyboard in Halion no sound comes out either.

I’m not sure where to start with this.
I am contemplating switching from Finale but it has to work for me.
I am using a Dell Laptop with the build in sound card.

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum and don’t worry, we’ll get your sound going. First question though is, did you download and install the 9GB sized Dorico Sounds package? That package has an own installer that needs to be run. Next, please start a new project from piano template and then choose from the menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here. After looking at it I can give further advice.

It would also be worth working through the steps in the troubleshooting video, as one of these situations will surely apply:

I actually found this video late last night (my time) early today (your time).
This video solved my problem. It was the last step where I adjusted the Default Formatting to 16 bit, 44100 Hz.
It took me a long time to find this video. I searched through your forum for quite some time before I found it.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
I really want to like this program. I have been using Finale since version 1. Tried Sibelius and moved back to Finale because it did not let me customize things enough. I’m really hopeful that this is the best of both programs.

Your documentation is poor but I am working through it.
At one time I found a bunch of training videos but I can’t locate them. Is there a repositor of videos for training?

Have you tried the Dorico channel on YouTube?
https://www.youtube.com/c/dorico

Have you tried the Dorico resource page?
https://blog.dorico.com/resources/

I would also recommend you take a look at the First Steps guide. It will take you a few hours to work through it, but we have tried our best to introduce all of the key concepts in the software in as consistent and straightforward a way as possible through this guide, and I am sure the time you invest in working through it will be paid back countless times over.

Find it here.

I did the first steps and it was very helpful.

Might I suggest that you make a video of someone working through the First Steps manual. That would really help people who learn that way.

Thanks for the links. They will be helpful